Calvary Chapel started as a non-denominational church located in Costa Mesa, CA in 1965 with a congregation of 25 members pastored by Chuck Smith. Calvary Chapel Grand Rapids is the local Calvary Chapel congregation of Grand Rapids.
Pastor Ed Yeareck was called by God to minister after hearing Chuck Smiths Bible studies on Christian Radio on Arizona. After attending Calvary Chapel’s School of Ministry to learn the “nuts and bolts” of ministering a congregation, and praying where to go next. God led him to Michigan where Pastor Ed started Calvary Chapel in his living room with six congregation members. Pastor Ed ministered Calvary Grand Rapids until he and his wife sister Carol left for Arizona in 2012 passing the baton of ministering to the congregation to Pastor Randy Williamson.
On Sunday mornings, we begin with a period of worship. The entire family worships together in the sanctuary; children are dismissed for Children’s ministry at the conclusion of worship, and before the announcements. This is so that the children can be ministered to at a level they can receive, and to minimize distractions in the sanctuary during the Bible study. We teach expositionally, verse-by-verse through the entire Bible on Sunday mornings. After the Bible study, we will normally close in worship, and then enjoy a time of fellowship. Prayer can be requested (and is encouraged) at this time.
Services are every Sunday beginning at 10 A.M. located at:
1425 Michigan Street, NE<br>Grand rapids, MI 49503
Lower Level Suite B